At Mento Design Academy (hereinafter referred to as “Mento”) we care deeply about your success and we are committed to your successful transition to a career in the UX industry. We back our program with the Job Guarantee, subject to the terms and conditions outlined in this document, and we will refund 100% of your paid tuition if you do not receive a Qualifying Offer (as defined below) within the Guaranteed Period of receiving your certificate of completion.
A career transition requires dedicated, focused, and consistent effort. We put in this effort to help you achieve this transition, and ask for an equal commitment from you. To be eligible for the Job Guarantee you shall satisfy the requirements below. If some or all of the requirements are not met, you will not be eligible for the tuition reimbursement, but you can still participate in the program and receive all of the advantages of career support.
In short, the purpose of the Job Guarantee is show our confidence in the program we've created and what we teach. The Job Guarantee does not guarantee you a job, that's something nobody can do, but rather that given all the right factors, our program and what you've learned will not hinder your job application process.
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions (the “Terms”) apply to the Mento Job Guarantee:
● You must be between the ages of 18 and 45.
● You must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized educational institution in any subject by the date you are due to receive your completion certificate.
● You must be a C1 or C2 level in spoken and written English, as determined by https://www.efset.org/
● You must be eligible to legally work in the United States, European Union, the UK, or Canada for at least 2 years following graduation.
● You are paying for this program yourself and not through a company or employer reimbursement plan.
● You must be able to pass any background checks associated with jobs that you apply for. Without limiting the foregoing, if you fail to obtain a job offer directly or partially due to your failure to pass a background check associated with the job offer, you will not be eligible for the tuition refund.
A “Qualifying Position” is defined as any role in the UX industry that meets one or more of the following criteria:
● Any paid internships or apprenticeships, working more than 10 hours a week, remote or onsite;
● Any part-time or full-time roles, working more than 10 hours per week, remote or onsite;
● Any paid contractor or intern that has the potential to be extended or converted to a full-time role;
● Any freelance engagement longer than 3 months.
The “Guaranteed Period” is defined as the period of time beginning with your enrollment in the program and ending twelve months after you receive your completion certificate. Some exceptions can extend the duration of the Guaranteed Period, as outlined below:
● Up to six months in case of any natural disaster or other extraordinary events beyond Mento’s control, at any point during the Guaranteed Period;
● By two months to account for seasonal fluctuations of the job market, such as summer, end-of-year;
The “Qualifying Areas” means any city and its surroundings, up to 40 miles, with a population equal to or greater than 500,000.
Commitment to the Program and Your Own Success
While there are a lot of things we can do to help, nothing can replace your own effort and commitment to this career transition. For the Job Guarantee to be applicable, we will expect to see dedicated and focused work on your growth and job search. The following criteria need to be met:
You must successfully complete the program, which means:
● You must complete the program within six months or less of your start date, which means going through all of the materials and receiving a passing grade for all assignments.
● You must complete all major projects within the curriculum, which means the Warmup Project, the Burner Project, and the three Portfolio Projects.
● You must pass the mock interviews.
● You must meet your mentor and bootcamp buddy at least once a week on average.
● You must be an active member of the Slack Community, posting questions, and responding to other students, the Mentors, or the Mento Team.
● You must respond to all Mento communications within 72 hours.
● You must communicate immediately any issues that arise from, but not limited to, the platform, the community, your mentor or other students.
Starting on the day you receive your completion certificate:
● You must be active in your job search and apply for a minimum of four Qualifying Positions in the Qualifying Areas per week, as instructed and advised by your mentor, career coach, and the best practices outlined in the curriculum. Remote positions qualify as long as all of the other criteria are met.
● You must be dedicated to building your network and connect to at least 7 individuals per week and conduct 2 informational interviews per month. Connecting includes emailing, LinkedIn messages, meetups, and conferences. An informational interview may be scheduled in person, via video chat, or by phone call. Being involved in your networking and following up is critical to your job search success.
● You must provide Mento with a weekly summary of your activity related to the job search in the tool provided by Mento, including all job applications submitted and networking efforts made. You will also be required to provide Mento with any job-related information on request.
● You must always act with reasonable and good faith efforts to obtain a Qualifying Position.
Situations that might void this Job Guarantee include, but are not limited to:
● You turn down a job offer for a Qualifying Position.
● You decide not to conduct a job search for all or part of the Guaranteed Period.
● You decide to search for a role that does not meet the Qualifying Position criteria above or is outside of the UI/UX field/industry.
● You accept a role that does not meet the Qualifying Position criteria above or is outside of the UI/UX field/industry before the Guaranteed Period is over.
● You do not put sufficient and consistent effort into your job search, as outlined above.
● You do not want to or are unable to live and work in one of the Qualifying Areas.
● You do not communicate with Mento consistently throughout your search, including notifying us of any offers you have received.
● You lose your work authorization or do not have sufficient work authorization that meets the requirements above during your search, even if you did expect to have authorization or did at one time have appropriate work authorization during your program.
● You significantly change your job search strategy during the Guaranteed Period, including without limitation changing the Qualifying Areas of search, or industry, unless agreed to in advance by Mento.
● You do not follow through with the interview process for Qualifying Positions in a timely and professional manner, including but not limited to not participating as expected by the employer in the interview process by providing responses to employer communications, showing up on time for interviews, and providing documents or followup as expected by employers.
● You do not apply for jobs that are suitable for your background or experience as discussed in your calls with your mentor or Career Coach, or as outlined in the curriculum.
Certification for Reimbursement
If you believe you qualify for a reimbursement, you must provide a written and signed certification that you have met all of the Terms, and have not been offered any Qualifying Positions, within one calendar month after the Guaranteed Period.
This Mento Job Guarantee and Terms, along with the Mento Terms of Service, set forth the entire understanding between you and Mento with regard to the subject matter herein. Any provision of these Terms that is unenforceable shall not impact the enforceability of any other provision. Mento shall have the sole discretion to determine whether the Terms have been satisfied and whether you are eligible for a refund of your tuition. Likewise, Mento may waive any breaches at its sole discretion.
Money Back Guarantee
We want to make your decision as easy as possible, so we're offering a 14-day money back guarantee, no questions asked.
● The 14-day term begins on the day we kick off the cohort.
● During the 14-day period, if anything is not to your liking, please let us know as we would love to improve it.
● You can request a full refund at any moment during the 14-day period, no questions asked.